MOTOR VEHICLE ACCIDENTS: Accident Benefits & Tort Claim
DO NOT PAY UNTILL WE SETTLE in your insurance claims

MOTOR VEHICLE ACCIDENTS: Accident Benefits & Tort Claim in Ontario;
  • You are entitled to accident benefits regardless of who caused the auto accident.
  • You can make a claim if you were a driver, passenger, pedestrian, cyclist or passenger on a bus or street car.
  • You may also be entitled to sue for pain and suffering.
  • Your insurance company will not provide you with the information you need to maximize your benefits.
  • There are strict time limits on commencement of each part of your claim.
  • Call us for a free consultation @ 905-595-0656

  • 1st Party Accident Benefits Claim
    You may claim against your own insurance company following statutory accident benefits (SAB) including:
  • Your medical expenses and reports;
  • Income replacement: 70% of net income , to maximum up to $400 per week (except first week);
  • Non-earner benefits upto $185 per week (nothing for first 6months) ;and
  • rehabilitation

  • Tort Claim
    The second claim is known as the 3rd party claim or the Tort claim. In this case; you are suing the person (3rd party) who hit you for pain and suffering. To succeed in this case, you must show that the other party was at fault and that you have suffered a serious AND permanent injury(Note: there is a $30,000 deductible, so if you win a settlement of $100,000 you will only get $70,000 less legal fees/disbursements).
Quick Links
News and Updates
Hiring foreign workers now more onerous for employers
Changes to the federal Temporary Foreign Worker Program will make it more expensive and time consuming for Canadian companies to fill a position with workers from outside the country.